Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Meme

I hope everyone has had a time to reflect this Memorial Day on what we as a nation owe our veterans, and those who paid the ultimate price down through the years for our nation. And when I think of reflection, I think of Cat's meme, of course! (cheesy plug and holiday reminder I know. What can I say?)

1) What one thing makes your husband/wife/lover/best friend feel the guiltiest? It's hard to tell, as the man is constantly apologizing to begin with. Hmmm. I'd say when he inadvertently triggers a flashback of mine. Yeah, that does it. It really is not his fault, but man does he wallow in guilt for it! Just the way his face falls is proof positive.

2) What makes you laugh? Life. I can't look at my life and not laugh. OK well, at times it's either laugh or cry, and for the most part, I choose laugh.

3) Who is the least spiritual person you know? My brother. I've never once heard anything from him to indicate he has any interest in faith of any sorts.

4) What is the biggest surprise you've ever had? Tank, my youngest son. We were told I couldn't conceive. Oops. :) Then we were told he would have heart problems, or Down syndrome, and he is fine. Another fine surprise.

5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

I hate dogs. Allergic to 'em, and they annoy me. Especially my MIL's dog. Bleah. I'm so a cat person. (duh. just look along the sidebar)

Til next squeak,

3 Squeaks from the Maze:

Cat. said...

A mouse who is a cat person?? Wow. ;-) I'm allergic to dogs (and cats), which is a drag since I love animals. Oh, well...poor pitiful me.

Thanks for the cheesy plug and your other good answers. Hope you were able to find some family time over the weekend!

Cat. said...

Oops, just re-read your comment on my blog: If you got sunburned, it was probably cuz you had a good weekend. YAY!

Mrs. P. said...

LOL! Yeah we went to the parade in town, and out to lunch. Alwaya a good time because we run into plenty of friends and family. :)

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz