Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Meme

A week with no blogging makes Mrs. P. a dull girl. :P
But now I'm back and with the Monday Meme no less!

1) What is the worst experience you have ever had in a car? Geez, I dunno. I guess I'd have to say giving myself up sexually voluntarily for the first time. Lousy guy, bad day, stupid choice. And in the back of my parents' Chevy Blazer? Not exactly the stuff of teen romantic ideals. I suppose it could've been worse, but bleah, no birds suddenly appeared for me.

2) Who is your personal hero, and why? Myself! (joking, joking!)
Seriously, I'd have to think longer and harder than my brain is currently capable of. Let's go with Paul from the Bible. Yeah, that one sounds good. The dude was hunting down the early church, and Jesus still was there for him. God is certainly able to give second chances. Just look at Paul.

3) Name the one thing you have done that has caused you the most guilt during your lifetime. Losing my kids to the system. Although I have mostly healed, and they have been back home for a few years, I still mentally berate myself time to time. I do not think I will ever look at myself as a good mother. Actually, that's why I have a difficult time with Mothers' Day, and tend to make it about honoring their former foster mom (Mr. P.'s aunt) and both of our own moms.

4) What is the most important duty or chore you perform regularly? I do chores? Since when?
Ermmm, ok I guess I'd say waking up Mr. P. For 9 years now, I have been his personal alarm clock. As much as it is causing probs in our marriage now (and my sanity), I know that without me, he'd never get to work on time.

5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Mmmmm Altoids!! Now there's a bunch of great memories! I used to carry those things with me everywhere back in high school. Loved 'em! All of us did. Then we found these caffeinated mints called Penguins, and those were good, but I was still loyal to my curiously strong mints. Ahhh so fresh and what a great little tin! I need to go get me some of those tomorrow!


Til next squeak,

2 Squeaks from the Maze:

Cat. said...

Crack me up...everything except the part about Paul (good points) and the part about Mother's Day.

So, from this mom to you: HAPPY FREAKIN' MOTHER'S DAY!! I was going to say this anyway, but everytime I come visit by way of your profile, I smile at the photo of you & your kiddies.

Oh, and the Altoids? Not mine--not sure why they sat on MY dresser forever, when they are clearly my husband's! ;-)

Mrs. P. said...

Happy mama day to you too! :D
I love that pic of boys and I. Amazing things can be captured really early in the morning with a camera phone.
Your hubby's Altoids on the dresser? Ah c'mon, shouldn't they be in a more interesting spot? Like spelling out a provactive nighttime activity for 2 on the pillow? Oh wait, that's under *my* list of fun things to do with Altoids...

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz