Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How come I didn't get a copy?

These days, I hear a lot about the so-called homosexual agenda. For those not in the know, I once identified myself as bisexual. I had girlfriends. I had boyfriends. I'm not ashamed.
Now though, I have come to realize that, at least for me, most of my earlier sexual escapades were a release of the pain I was going through at home growing up. I now call myself straight. Maybe a bit too straight for my own good at times, but hey, we all have our faults. (I smell another post coming out of that one)
We have family members and friends who identify as GBL. (gay, bi, lesbian) If I have ill will towards any of them, it's because of things that have happened, not who they've banged.
Because of all these things, I find it impossible to get on the bandwagon when those around speak of boycotts and agendas. I dunno, maybe I'm just not a very good Christian in that sense. Then again, I can't help but think that if Jesus were standing bodily among us, most wouldn't say half the things they do. After all, He promised not to abandon, and that no sin is too great to forgive. (yeah, yeah, I know, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but sexual activity *is not* that) So I really doubt He'd be any less inclined to embrace, forgive, disciple, and befriend "the gays" than He would any of us other sorry sinners.
Aside from that, each time I hear that phrase, my first thought is, "Why didn't I get a copy of our agenda? Waahhh!"


Til next squeak,

4 Squeaks from the Maze:

Anonymous said...

The Bible clearly defines homosexual activity as sinful behavior. God said that sexual activity between two people of the same sex is a sin. Now can those who have engaged in it be forgiven? Absolutely!!! Praise God as you said no sin outside blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is beyond forgiveness!

What at least *I* mean by the "homosexual agenda" is to make homosexual activity accepted as perfectly normal and natural, just as valid as the union of a man and woman, beyond reproach or condemnation, and not just "tolerated" (as in put up with) but embraced.

God created men and women to fit together, made it so that the only way to reproduce is thorugh the union of egg and sperm (male and female) and made this true in all of nature. The Word tells us that God Himself condemns behavior contrary to His created order. It requires repentance and His forgivness. To just say hey yea being gay is perfectly fine is in opposition to the Word of God and that is why Christians oppose it as we do.

FWIW if there was a campaign to have adultry accepted as an "alternative lifestyle" perfectly acceptable and just as valid as monogomy and beyond reproach that would be on the receiving end of boycotts and petitions and such as well.

Make sense?

Mrs. P. said...

I am getting the impression more and more that "homosexual agenda" means something different for everyone.
I've met some who have this wonky idea that all homosexuals are out to create a new world order. Frankly, I have yet to meet any actual real life gay person who has that on their mind.
I *do* get what you are saying. However, like any sin, some people struggle with some more than others, and some are harder to over come than others. I really don't doubt that the repentant homosexual loves our Lord any less than you or I. And we all slip and make mistakes, or backslide in some fashion from time to time. I don't oppose homosexuality any more or less than any other sin. Maybe it's because I *have* seen both sides of the coin. Who knows?
An example I gave in response to someone else regarding a different sin they called me on was my former addiction to stealing. I would grab anything I could get my hands on. 5 finger discount? You bet! It didn't stop there. I passed bad checks and ripped off 3 bank accounts. I was arrested once for writing those bad checks. Well, as soon as I started seriously seeking out the Lord, while I was yet an atheist mind you, He took that need to steal away from me completely. I didn't even notice it or feel it until about 4 months later. On the flip side, there are many other sins I struggle with daily that while they are lessened, they are still present. And yet again, there is one major struggle that I battle daily and have to see victory over. All that to say this:
For some, coming out of homosexuality is an instant release from sin, like my theft. And for some it will be a life long struggle. Yet God is glorified regardless. In our weakness He is strong.
I can't speak down my nose to anyone mired in homosexuality, be they Christian or not. I personally choose to embrace and except them, knowing that the Gospel is a dish best served with love and hospitality. Grace will abide in me when I allow it, and I pray that any opportunity the Holy Spirit has to shine through to another is not lost due to my own tendency towards condemnation. Lord knows many have had cause to look upon me in that light. That is definitely a human behavior, not just a Christian one. We get squeamish over what we perceive as "other" and that's when we need Christ's example the most.
Just my 2 cents, mind you.
;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, for sure some will find instant and complete relief from the impulse to sin and others will struggle, slip, fall, repent and try again. What I have problems with is those who are completely unrepentant, embrace the homosexual compulson and declare it perfectly normal, not sinful and how dare you say anything different you intolerant bigot camp. I have some sins that I have been gloriously delivered from, and those that I still struggle with almost daily.

As for homosexuals looking to create a new world order - nah! Someone's been watching too many episodes of Pinky and the Brain. Now, there are those who talk of "The new world order" and include homosexual activists as a portion of that, but as far as being masterminds it's nothing I have heard anyone mention.

Praise God for the wonderful deliverance He has given to you, and much more than that sister, because He transformed us all. Your testimony is one of God's great glory, and that is beautiful :)

Mrs. P. said...

Tracy said:
As for homosexuals looking to create a new world order - nah! Someone's been watching too many episodes of Pinky and the Brain.


Bwahahahahaha!!! Oh my goodness gracious!! Now I have got to find a YouTube on that!

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz