Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Do birds type like this?

Grrr.
I can't believe I missed the Monday Meme.
I skipped out on my nightly 'puter time last night because I was in agony. For some reason, my left hand has decided it's part bird. I'm back to the hunt-and-peck school of typing and it's making me nuts.
If you're lost by that statement, let me clarify. My hand has been clawed up for 3 days now, much like how a bird will grab whatever its perched on. It's outrageously painful, and not possible to move. Works well for scooping fish out of a stream in mid-flight though.
This has been a come and go kinda thing since Christmas eve. My doc says it's because I need to lose more weight. Hmmm. Yeah. Somehow I'm not buying that. I'm much more inclined to believe it has something to do with the fact that, oh I dunno, I broke my wrist back on Christmas eve maybe? But that's the fun of being morbidly obese. No one will listen to you and actually hear what you are saying. It must be like they are hearing the teacher from Charlie Brown, with the occasional "eat eat eat" tossed in.
~deep breath...in with the good air, out with the anger~
OK, so maybe I'm a bit jaded and bitter. Maybe living in pain for 3 years without a doc who'll take me seriously is getting to me. And maybe this hand thing is the straw that broke the camel's, ermm cow's, back.
Bah. All this self-pity is for the birds.

Til next squeak,

0 Squeaks from the Maze:

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz