Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Saturday, April 26, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

~sigh~

I'm indecisive. Very. Indecisive. Always have been.

Earlier today, I was filling out all the forms for Tank's kindergarten registration. Wow, how time flies when you're buggin' out about other things! Included in the packet the school sent was the form to fill out if you want to withhold your child from a formal education until age 6. (for some odd reason that's an option here in CT) I really didn't think much of it except to stick it with the rest of the meaningless papers all piled up next to my love seat.
Until...

The boys' bath time just gets worse and worse. I'm beginning to realize that I need to either separate them for baths or stick 'em in the shower instead. Bleah. Today was no exception. When I went into the bathroom to yell *again* at them to calmdownstopsplashingstopdrinkingthedirtybathwaterwhyareyoupouringitoutonthefloor?!?!? ~breathe~ I had to ask (although I somehow regretting this) whether or not they could hear me hollering from my bedroom or if they were just blatantly ignoring me. My bedroom is directly across the hall from the bathroom, but I *did* have on the computer with music playing, so maybe they didn't hear. Right?
Wrong!
MonkeyMan pipes up in true fashion and says, "We were blatantly ignoring you, Mom."
Tank adds, "But that's only because we too busy splashing."
~sigh...count to 10...remember your happy place~
I'll freely admit I did not handle it as well as I should've. I made my kids cry. Someone pass the Worst Mom Award.

Back to the school thing.
Now I'm wondering if the homeschoolers might not have a point. My kids *can* be the sweetest, most respectful little kids...when they want to be. However, for the most part, they have been getting worse in the attitude department lately. I'm loathe to say that it's being in school that's done it to them. Just as much as I'm loathe to say that it's the TV watching I allow. But there are certain things that I as their mother am responsible for, and raising them not to be little smartass terrors is high on my to-do list. (sorry Mr. P. I know you would love for them to take after you. LOL)
The real question is could I handle it? I'm definitely NOT the world's most stable person. Nor am I the most loving. I'm probably the one who *shouldn't* be influencing the next generation. At least that's what I tell myself. With all my flaws, problems, and struggles, should I really consider taking on homeschooling? Even if it were only for as limited a time as one semester?
Then again, I am beginning to feel that it would teach the kids who's really in charge of this show. (yes, I know God is, but I meant under my roof as parental authority)
~sigh~
Decisions, decisions...


Til next squeak,

2 Squeaks from the Maze:

Laura said...

Hi! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! It's really encouraging to know that other people have some of the same thoughts and frustrations as I have...not that I wish frustrations on people, but you know what I mean. :)

Anyway, I'd be honored to have the post linked here! I've read a few of your posts in the past few minutes and know I'll enjoy visiting often! It's nice to "meet" you!

Mrs. P. said...

Hey wow thanks for stopping by!!

I'm always kinda floored when someone says they've enjoyed my posts because really, I'm just rambling. An honor to meet you as well. :)

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz