Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Wednesday, November 19, 2008

G'morning Papa

~It's me. Do You have time to talk over breakfast? Are You too busy this morning? I hope not.
I've missed You.
How are You? Is that silly? Do Your other kids even ask You that anymore? I know so many of us say we know Your heart Papa, but really, how are You today?
We've been sick here, and always seem to end up running late getting out the door in the morning. What about You? Do You ever get frustrated getting Your angels up and running some mornings? Well, I bet that's got to be awesome to be able to welcome those of Your kids who were sick though. Get to tell them they don't have to worry anymore, right?
Thanks for sharing my coffee time with me Papa. Did I mention I missed You so much?
I know I haven't been the best daughter. Things have been busy lately. It's almost Thanksgiving. Don't You just love this time of year? Maybe it'd be better if more of us here would be thankful for the right things huh?
Speaking of thankful, Papa I know I haven't exactly been as grateful as I should be for all that You've given me. I'm so sorry. And I'm sorry I haven't been the kind of daughter You've needed me to be. Please forgive me? I love You.
{sigh}
Papa, can we do this more often? Make time for each other? I miss You.
We can? Anytime? Thank You!
You know, it's getting to be time to run my errands. I've gotta head out. I'm sorry Papa. Tomorrow we'll talk again. I promise to keep You in my mind and my heart today, especially when I'm dealing with the kids. Could You help me get through the day?
I love You.
I'll talk to You later Papa.
I promise.~

Til next squeak,


4 Squeaks from the Maze:

Snarfy said...

I am such a dumbass. I got like half of the way through this like "WHAT SHE TALKS TO HER DAD??? WTF"

And then.. yeah...it hit! No more reading blogs in the morning

Goodmorning :) xDD

Mrs. P. said...

ROFL!!!!!!

The same could be said to me though. No more blogging til I've had at least 2 cups of coffee and feel less spiritually fruity.

Thanks for stopping by! :D

Mrs. P. said...

Holy cow, strike that.

No more responding to comments without a night cap.

ugh.

Hey Katie. I'm. Such. A. Dork.
LOL.

Snarfy said...

Rofl. You spiritual fruit!

NIGHT CAPS FOR EVERYONE!

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz