Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Friday, August 7, 2009

Top 10 Summer Moments

My regular readers will notice a new label that this post falls under. Today I joined a friend's message board and she has a whole section just for us bloggers! Roll Now how cool is that?
So, this week's assignment is the top ten of summer. Here goes nothing!
1) I finally finished a real knitted project. Not a potholder. Not a test square. A real handwarmer. In soft army green wool. With ribbing! Squeeee!
2) Going to Red Robin with my sisters-in-law. Adult conversation without my kids spilling ketchup on my sleeve was awesome.
3) Hanging out with my long time friend Anna yesterday. God knew I was in need of a friend who understood me beyond just "teh intertubes", and her timing was perfect. Gossip and catching up over burgers is always a wonderful thing.
4) Seeing Disney/Pixar's UP with the kids. Summer movie madness baby.
5) Just hanging out with my boys each day. It's been refreshing to take it slow for awhile after the rush of the school year.
6) Housewarming party at my SIL's place. All family, and no fighting. How perfect is that?
7) Kid-free week with my devoted hubby. Just to spend time together has really recharged my batteries.
8) Getting off the TTC roller coaster. Yeah, sounds kinda strange, but emotionally, I'm so much stronger now that I'm putting God back where He belongs. I think having my boys home from school really let me see just how blessed I am and took away so much of the sting of infertility.
9) Finding out my high blood pressure is gone. Now that's a great moment no matter what time of year it happened!
10) Planning for the start of school. We're all excited about the new school year, and all the possibility that comes with it.

Til next squeak,








1 Squeaks from the Maze:

Laurie said...

I can "hear" the refresh in your voice!

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz