Still running for the cheese (or why this blog still exists)

As my regular readers can tell, this has been a dry year for me. Just look at the number of posts this year vs. 2008! Awhile back, I had considered either shutting down the Maze, or starting a new blog that would more accurately reflect where I am in life now. Truth be told, sometimes I come here, look around, and feel distinctly hypocrytical about the things I want to write. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever be in that kind of place.
As the time in between posts has grown longer, I came to realize something. Without the past years' material, where I am now makes very little sense. What good is the destination without the journey? As Christians, so much of the best stuff that happens to us is in the times God is molding us to His image. To throw away the evidence of that process would somehow cheapen the result, I think.
So, here we are, dear friends. I think my little mousie may just have rounded a corner finally. Some things will change around here to reflect the changes in my heart. And you know what? That's ok. As much as I typically rage against anything changed in my life, I'm learning to accept the God-given ones. My prayer is that some of you may be encouraged by what you read here. Hey, you may even be challenged. And of course, if you know me, then you know you always stand a good chance of being offended too. Not intentionally, to be sure! Just know that what you find as you wander this Maze with me may surprise you as much as it does me.

All that to say this:


Welcome to



Thursday, July 24, 2008

What? I've been tagged?!

Melanie tagged me with the "six quirky things" meme!
Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag 6 other blogger´s by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.

Oy vay. I don't think I even know 6 other bloggers! guess I'm a loser huh? Loser
Heheheh. Oh well, here goes nothing!

1) I have conjoined toes on both feet, although one foot has it worse than the other. It's always kinda bugged me that people thought it was cool. It was also the first thing I checked on when the kids where born. And no, they don't have them. ~whew~

2) Melanie may be a sheet snob, but I'm a coffee snob. Mr. P. bought me a Keurig B60 Special Edition for my birthday, and frankly, I'm ready to marry the darn thing. If you've never had coffee brewed from a K-cup, you haven't lived. I think it all started with frequenting coffee houses as a teenager.

3) I secretly want another baby only so I can buy really cute cloth diapers. Now, keep in mind that the idea of washing those dipes skeeves me out, but still. ~shhhh...don't tell anyone, especially not my family~

4) I have discovered many uses for coconut oil (ahem, Melanie, you *know* where I learned the original use!) however my favorite use by far is to soothe skin that's itchy from sunburn. You may not think you could use a cooking oil for all kinds of MacGyver-type things, but you'd be dead wrong, baby. It's almost a hobby at this point.

5) Making phone calls makes me so nervous I almost vomit. Praise God for Caller ID! Even if it's someone I know well, it still makes me ill. Stage fright or something, I dunno.

6) I have 7 nipples. No, really. It's like this :::.
OK so not really. But I had you going, right?


So, I'll tag

Mr. P.- Mr. P.'s Wild Ride (warning- contains foul language by teh bucket)
Cat- This Much Is True (again, some foul language, but fun-nay stuff abounds)
Rhiana- My So-Called Life
Becca- Montana Meeks
Lori- Reflections and Ramblings of a Not-So-Super Woman
Laura- Sweet Awakenings

Til next squeak,

8 Squeaks from the Maze:

Lori Watson said...

Hey! It's stupid o'clock in the morning and I'm getting ready to head out. Popped on and noticed I was tagged. Cool! (Doing the blogger dance of joy)

We actually have a lot in common. I also have conjoined toes and seven nipples...

Okay, maybe not. :-P

I am with you on the coffee snob thing (and I am so going to google that coffeemaker when I get back) and the phone call thing. I HATE calling people, so much so that it's become well known. If I do call someone for something they're like, "Wait, what? You're actually calling me back?" I'm trying to get better about that but Aaaccck, it makes me queasy. Glad to know I'm not the only crazy no phone lady around.

I will do my meme when I get back and drop a note here letting you know it's up!

Mrs. P. said...

OMGoodness, I love that phrase- stupid o'clock! Gotta use that on the kids the next time they wake me up at 6am. :)

melanie said...

I am TOTALLY ROFL'ing @ your coconut oil usage! Coconut oil ... the gift that keeps on giving ... in SO many ways! LOL

Mrs. P. said...

LOL! Yuppers! Coconut oil, don't knock it 'til ya try it!

Cat. said...

My answers are (finally) posted here. They are 100% G-rated. ;-)

I also can't stand calling people, even people I know. The phone is not my friend, unless I have a 'script' ready to run in the event of someone answering. ick!!

Lori Watson said...

Mine's up! It was fun! :-)

Dawn said...

My son has two toes on one foot that are joined together. I was annoyed when his pediatrician told me it was no big deal and would just make him a better swimmer. Not something to say to a new mommy. Turns out he gets this trait from my moms side of the family, but my mom herself does not have this. Odd how these things pop up here and there through the gene pool. I just had to share! :-)

Mrs. P. said...

It's amazing to me how many people can't stand making phone calls! LOL!
I half-wonder though if that's not simply a side effect of living in the digital age?

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz